Pumpkin spice and Uggs so nice -- fall is in full swing and we can’t even. Here are 5 TIP tips on how to transition from the sticky heat of summer to the refreshingly crisp air of the fall season:
- With the changing of the season comes the fall back of the clock. We lose daylight and wake up when the world is still dark. Try to stick to a sleep schedule so that your body doesn’t feel completely out of whack.
- Sticking to a sleep schedule means you have to actually sleep. When you pour your morning coffee into one of our Punch mugs (of course), make that the only cup you have. If you must have more, stop at noon. This will ensure you don’t have as much caffeine in your system so you can get meaningful rest!
- Getting back into full schedules during the week and even crazier activities during the weekends can be draining. With all of that stress, staying cool, calm, and collected is key. Put down your phone, pause that email, and pick up something that takes your mind off of ‘the now.’ Our favorite, relaxing hobby? Coloring. Studies show that taking time to color will take stress off of your body and brain. Take 15 minutes to color and you’ll be ready to roll on to the next to-do.
- You don’t have to wait until January 1st for a goal – take some time to plan out a new milestone you want to accomplish during the last quarter of the year. Lose that ten pounds, save money for Christmas presents, start a project (and finish it)!
- What did you learn this summer? Write down the important lessons, epiphanies, or memories in a journal so that you can look back at how far you’ve come.